Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Garlic. Parmesan. Chicken. Wings. You can’t get a better chicken wing than that. It’s creamy, garlicky, spicy and of course, crispy. And the best part, these are air fried so it avoids any of the unhealthy connotations with frying!
Air fryers are all the craze right now and we’ve seen all sorts of creations from air frying an egg to baking a cake to making an entire roast chicken, they really are the MVP of the kitchen and are a lifesaver too if you have kids and are short of time.
We’ve teamed up with Instant Pot to bring you these fantastic air fryer garlic parmesan chicken wings which we made using their Vortex 6-in-1 Air Fryer. The Vortex Air Fryer packs in 6 functions: air fry (duh), dehydrate, bake, reheat, grill and roast so it’s basically a whole kitchen in one.
Instant Brands Vortex 6 Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer
Making the chicken wings in this machine was incredibly easy and took 30 minutes on the dot to put together. It even informs you when it is time to shake and turn the food so that you achieve an even crisp all over the wings.
You have a few options when it comes to making these garlic parmesan chicken wings:
- Air Fryer: This requires no oil and you’re left with healthy and crispy chicken wings that taste like they’ve been fried!
- Bake: If you do not have an air fryer, you can opt to bake these wings instead. It will take a little longer in the oven to ensure a full cook.
- Fry: You can also opt to fry the chicken wings.
What if you don’t eat parmesan?
Whilst some sects in Islam allow the consumption of parmesan, others do not but that’s okay because you can still make this recipe! Opt for the vegetarian alternative which you can find in many major supermarkets and is usually called “Italian Hard Cheese”. These do not contain cow rennet and are suitable to eat.
AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
20-25 chicken wings, drumettes and flats separated
2 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
For the garlic parmesan sauce:
2-3 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tsp garlic powder
½ – 1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp parmesan, grated*
1 tbsp parmesan, grated
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
* You can use either the pre-grated parmesan or fresh parmesan that you grate yourself. Either are a great option but just avoid the dried ones on the supermarket shelves as they do not have as strong of a flavour.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with a kitchen towel as this allows a crisper result. Place the wings in a bowl and toss with baking powder, salt and black pepper.
- Turn on the Vortex Air Fryer and set to 193c for 25 minutes. Once it has preheated (if your air fryer needs to), add in the chicken wings and let them cook. Turn them over halfway through.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, turn the air fryer up to its highest temperature and cook the wings for a further 5 minutes until they are golden and super crisp.
- For the sauce: Melt butter in a pan over low heat and add the minced garlic. Let this cook until the garlic becomes aromatic. Add in the chilli flakes, parsley and parmesan and stir so that the parmesan melts. Taste for seasoning.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and toss the chicken wings with sauce. Serve immediately with grated parmesan and chopped parsley.