How Halal Restaurants in London are Operating During Coronavirus UK
As Corona-19 unleashes it’s fury on us all, we’ve had to stand back and watch the repercussions all unfold. Our loved ones having to be in isolation due to age or underlying health conditions. The supermarket shelves being depleted by people unnecessarily hoarding, meaning those in need can’t even get their hands on a box of formula or pack of toilet paper. Weddings cancelled. Forced to take unpaid or annual leave. It is a mess that is just going to get worse.
Unfortunately, the hospitality sector has taken a huge bashing. Both big and small restaurants will suffer and who is to know which ones will survive till the end. Some have temporarily closed, making large losses due to unused produce or rent, whilst others are trying their best to remain open until complete lockdown.
You may not want to eat out right now but we can still support out fellow Muslim and non-Muslims restaurant owners out from the comfort of our homes by using their delivery service.
I have compiled a list of restaurants in London (and a couple in the UK) that are open with precautionary measures, doing collection or takeaway only, and ones that are closed until further notice.
If you are a business owner and want to be included in this list, please send an email over to hello [@]halalgirlabouttown.com
UPDATE: RESTAURANTS HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO CLOSE FROM 20/3/2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Cafe de Nata – accepting contact free payments Shola – only accepting card payments and delivery is available via Deliveroo and Ubereats The Great Chase – open with an adapted menu and no lunch service until the end of this week. Delivery and collection is available. The Lebanese Bakery – delivery and collection is available. 50% off for all NHS workers Turpan Uyghur – Uyghur kitchen closed but still offering the cafe menu Guanabana – open from 5-11pm on weekdays with social distancing via table layout and card payments only. Delivery available via UberEats. Masala Wala Café – opening from 5:30-10pm Etles Uyghur – both branches open with delivery available Pamban Slamburger – open with delivery available via UberEats Bintang – delivery available via Deliveroo and UberEats Market Hall Fulham Barboun – Closed from Sunday to Thursday. Open on Friday-Saturday for dinner service only 6:30-11pm. Bone Daddies – Bermondsey branch offering delivery The Meat Company – will remain open taking precautionary measures with hand sanitisers at every table and reduced seating capacity. Halal Guys – Earls Court open with extra safety and hygiene measures being carried out. Will focus on collection and delivery. Normah’s – open with a new menu available for delivery and 25% off Just Eat orders. Toros Steakhouse – open with free delivery Pie Republic – will remain open with more hygiene protocols being carried out Mr Ji – will remain open Kadiris – open and operating a COVID lock down menu for stuff to cook at home like curry sauces and marinades. See their page for more details. Roti King – will remain open Chik’n Pittabun – will remain open and offering delivery via apps Pie Republic – open as usual with extra hygiene measures taken. They are available on Uber Eats and Deliveroo too. Boo Burger – will remain open with reduced seating capacity and sanitisers. Available for delivery.
- Chik’n – delivery available via Deliveroo from Baker Street branch
- Normah’s – delivery available via JustEat with 25% off
Roti King – operating a call and collect service at their Euston branch. Just give them a call on 020 73872518 or whatsapp 07511584265.
- The Great Chase – collection available. Order from their “Favourites” menu on their website by calling on 0203 887 9768
- Koolcha – delivery via Ubereats, Deliveroo, or Just Eat
Ruya – call on 020 38486710
- Smoke and Bones – locations are all closed but will be selling their 1kg of brisket or rack of ribs for collection or delivery. Also offering smoked chicken dinner takeaways with Shernhall St Kitchen – give them a call on 020 3893 2224
- Mooshies are offering a delivery service that covers E1-E20 and SE1 – SE28, between the times of 12pm-4pm. Check their Instagram page for more information on how to order.
Mamasons Dirty Ice cream – collection only with card payment only Mei Mei – pre-order with collection only until 6pm
- Bake St – Collection only with card payment.
- Etles – available on Deliveroo
- Absurd Bird – available on delivery apps.
- Karamay – Delivery is available
- Moi Moi Island – Collection using card payment. Delivery by Deliveroo or UberEats. Can be ordered over the phone by calling 07388527785 or 02072677769
Momo and Roti – offering delivery via Deliveroo and UberEats. Collection available via 0208 577 9777
- Apple Blue Patisserie – offering takeaway and collection. Delivery to be coming soon.
- Babajani Portobello – open for delivery
- Naanstaap – Available for delivery by UberEats or Deliveroo
- Chit Chaat Chai – Available for delivery by Deliveroo and contact free takeaway.
- Cally Munch – delivery available
- Chaiiwala – all branches in London shut.
- Dapur at Berjaya
- Juma Kictchen
- Halal Guys – Leicester Square branch closed
- Shola – vouchers are available to purchase.
- China Tang
- Hoppers – all branches are closed (Marylebone, King’s Cross, and Soho)
- Darjeeling Express
- Sambal Shiok and the new Nasi Economy
- Lucknow 49
- Maitre Choux
- Soft Serve Society
- Southbank Centre Food Market
- Market Hall – all branches are closed.
- Kerb – all markets, including seven dials, are closed
- Cuepoint LDN
- Cally Munch
- Eat Le Bab
- Zelman Meats
- The Mantl
- Gunpowder – both locations
Tune back to see if there any updates. And of course, keep yourself safe!
Hi, what restaurant is the steak in the picture from?
Zelman Meats 🙂