Instant Pot Lamb Shanks
Want an Eid meal that can be ready in 1 hour and uses one pot? Don’t worry, we’ve got you with this mouth-melting, fall-off-the-bone lamb shanks. You’ll just need a pressure cooker, whether that is an Instant Pot or one of the old school pressure cookers, and you are good to go.
Instant Pot Lamb Shanks Recipe
2 lamb shanks
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 heaped tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
Salt and pepper
2 small cinnamon sticks
3 cardamom pods
1 cup of water
- Make slits in the lamb shanks and massage in the garlic paste and ginger paste. Put salt and pepper on both sides.
- In the pressure cooker pan, add in the butter and oil. Hit the saute button on the Instant pot and cook the cinnamon, cloves, peppercorn and cardamom in the butter and oil. You can turn off the saute function if you notice it is becoming too hot.
- Add in the lamb shanks and fry on all sides until browned. This allows the meat to seal in all of the juices.
- Add in the water and close the Instant Pot. Press the pressure cook button and set it to 45 minutes.
- Once the 45 minutes are up, release the steam from the pressure cooker, making sure to be extremely careful! Remove the meat from the pan and add in 1 tsp of cornflour to the remaining gravy. Stir until thickened.
- Serve the lamb shanks with gravy, roast potatoes and vegetables.