Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
What is it about leftovers that gets people groaning, especially during Ramadan where we’re not supposed to be wasting? Don’t worry, I am totally guilty of this too but I found a way to make leftovers actually fun to eat, especially that keema that has been sitting at the back of the fridge for a couple of days. I’ll tell you my secret.
Sheet. Pan. Nachos. It is a whole new meal in itself so no one will be groaning about eating leftovers, plus it involves a blanket of cheese so you won’t even hear a peep. Just throw everything together on a baking tray, cook in the oven for less than 10 minutes, and your super delicious cheesy nachos are ready to eat, just in time to break fast!
LOADED SHEET PAN NACHOS
1-2 bags of lightly salted tortilla crisps
Leftover roast chicken (shredded) or beef/lamb keema * (see notes)
A mix of shredded Red Leicester cheese and cheddar cheese ** (see notes)
Avocado corn salsa
- Black olives, pitted and sliced
- Chopped coriander
- Red/green chilli or jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Sour cream
- Avocado slices
- Spring onion
- Sliced radishes
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 salad tomato, diced
- ½ red or green pepper, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can of sweetcorn, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1-2 jalapenos, diced (jarred is fine) OR 1-2 chillies, chopped (optional but a good addition to have)
- Can of black beans, drained (optional)
* Feel free to use any leftover meat/chicken/vegetables that you have in the fridge. I used leftover marinated chicken breasts that I had cooked with the standard garlic, ginger, and coriander, and then shredded. Using beef or lamb keema would taste amazing too. Just be sure to remove any excess sauce if you’re using meat or chicken from a curry as it will make the nachos soggy.
** Any cheese works here so don’t feel constrained to just these cheeses as I only had them on hand! You can also make some nacho cheese sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (fan assisted)
- In a bowl, make the avocado corn salsa using all of the mentioned ingredients and taste for salt and pepper.
- On a foil-lined tray, add half the bag of tortilla crisps, followed by the chicken/meat and the cheese. Repeat with the rest of the tortilla crisps, chicken/meat, and cheese.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until the edges of the tortilla crisps become slightly darker.
- Sprinkle on the avocado corn salsa and any garnishes you wish to use.
- Serve immediately.