Newborn Baby Checklist
Tomorrow, Aadam is going to turn 8 months. Eight whole months old. My mind is blown how quickly time has gone; he’s now crawling, standing, and driving me absolutely bonkers. Even though he is probably now too big to be classified as a newborn, he will always be my little wrinkly button, and so I want to share with you guys my newborn baby checklist that I found useful for the first 6 months of his life, in the hope that it may help you!
Tip: To make things easier for relatives and friends who were not sure what to buy for baby, I created a baby registry on Amazon where I put all the items that I needed and just sent them the link.
This post may contain affiliate links
NEWBORN BABY CHECKLIST
- Cot with mattress – I used this one and found it to be a lifesaver for those night feedings
- Fitted sheets
- Waterproof mattress protector
- Sleepyhead with cover – this really helped him to start sleeping through the night (obviously before the 4 month regression!)
- Baby monitor
- White noise machine
- Humidifier + Night light – I had also packed this in my hospital bag.
SHOP MY BED TIME FAVOURITES
- Changing mat x 2 – one for the nursery and one for the living room area (or where baby will be most of the time)
- Changing mat covers
- Waterproof pads
- Nappy rash cream
- Water wipes – I ended up using the Amazon “Subscribe and Save” service so I’ll get a box of 12 a month.
- Nappy bin with refills – another one that Amazon “Subscribe and Save” is useful for!
- Scented nappy bags
- Cotton pads
- Tissues – if you have a little boy, you’ll need a tissue at hand to avoid any golden showers!
SHOP MY CHANGING FAVOURITES
- Bath tub
- Hooded towel
- Baby shampoo and soap
- Baby body cream
- Organic olive oil/coconut oil/baby oil for massaging
- Soft natural sponge
- Vanity kit [nail clippers, soft baby brush, comb etc]
- Digital thermometer
- Calpol – necessary after vaccinations
SHOP MY BATH TIME FAVOURITES
- Breastfeeding cover
- Nursing pillow
- Bottle brush
- Drying rack
- Bottle warmer
- Breast pump
- Milk storage bags
- Nipple cream
- Nursing pads
- Nursing bra – Mothercare provide a measuring service to ensure you buy the right bras for during and post-pregnancy.
SHOP MY FEEDING FAVOURITES
- Sleepsuits – I found it easier to just keep him in sleepsuits from day to night!
- Bibs – if your baby vomits a little (or a lot like Aadam), bibs are a lifesaver.
- Hats – ideal to keep their heads warm after aqiqo
- Vests – I loved these velcro ones from Mothercare as it was easy peasy to slip them on
- Snowsuit (obviously weather dependent)
SHOP MY CLOTHING FAVOURITES
OUT AND ABOUT
- Foot muff – to keep the little button snug
- Rain cover
- Buggy clip
- Stroller organiser – if you’re anything like me and always misplacing your phone or keys, an organiser is great to keep all the essentials whilst out and about.
- Car seat
- Isofix – saves you from having to keep on strapping the seat in with the seatbelt.
- Car mirror
- Baby carrier – make sure it is ergonomic so that baby’s hips are okay!
- Nappy bag – I used a normal bag and just bought a bag insert like the one below.
- Foldable changing mat
SHOP MY OUT AND ABOUT FAVOURITES
- Bouncer – tired of all the bright blue, red and greens dotted around my flat now, I put this chic bouncer on my baby registry list.
- Swing – if baby suffers from reflux, this is ideal.
- High contrast toys
SHOP MY PLAYTIME FAVOURITES
And that’s my newborn baby checklist! It may seem like a lot of things but I found these items to be essential for the first few months of Aadam’s life. Good luck and all my love to all the new mummies and mummies to be! 🙂
If you’re pregnant and fretting about what to pack for your hospital bag, see my post here!
Here is a newborn baby checklist that you can save and print out below: