Taco Bell UK Serving Halal in Certain Branches
Did you guys know that some of the Taco Bell shops are halal in the UK? Yes, we’re actually one whole year late to this news and you’re perhaps rolling your eyes whilst reading this post. BUT at HGAT, we believe that late is better than never so we headed out to one of the halal branches to check it out. P.S. You can find the full list of halal taco bell restaurants in the UK at the bottom of this post.
Now for those of you not familiar with Taco Bell – it’s an American-based fast food chain that sells Mexican-inspired foods like burritos, quesadillas, nachos, tacos, the works. They’ve been around in Dubai for a few years which is where you might have seen them before and are now slowly opening up across the UK.
Due to COVID, eating in is a no-no so you’ll need to download the app and order via that for click and collect or delivery if you live within their delivery radius area.
There was a bit of a mix up in the ordering process but we got the following: crunchwrap supreme, beefy nacho griller, chalupa supreme, cheesy gordita crunch, volcano burrito, crunchy taco supreme, soft beef taco, soft crispy chicken taco, and the 7 layer burrito. Phew.
If it’s your first trip, we recommended ordering:
- Crunchwrap Supreme – a large tortilla filled with seasoned beef, lettuce, sour cream, nacho cheese sauce, and nacho crisps, and all wrapped up tightly. I’ve made a copycat recipe of this here.
- Cheesy Gordita Crunch – a flatbread filled with cheese sauce and wrapped around a crunchy taco shell with a seasoned beef filling and toppings
- Crunchy Taco Supreme – a simple crunchy corn tortilla filled with beef/chicken/plant protein/cheese and topped with all the usual trimmings.
Don’t forget the hot sauces to pimp it up.
Taco Bell is a fast food chain so don’t go in there expecting gourmet tacos filled with wagyu – this food is cheap, cheerful, and hits the spot like a fillet o fish meal from McDonalds would. A great option if you’re out and about and fancy something different or even if you’re working from home and haven’t had time to make dinner.
The halal branches are as follows:
- Bradford – Bradford Broadway Shopping Centre, Food Court, Bradford BD11US
- Colindale – 130 Colindale Avenue, Colindale NW94AX
- Glasgow – 178 Argyle Street, Glasgow G28BT
- Leicester – 8 Gallowtree Gate, Leicester LE1 1DA
- London – 362 Station Road, Harrow, London HA1 2DE
- Northampton – Nene Park, Sixfields Northampton NN5 4EG
- Rotherham – Sycamore Road, Eastwood Trading Estate, Rotherham S631EN
- Sheffield – Broughton Lane, Sheffield S92DD
- Woking – 19-21 Chertsey Road, Woking GU215AB
Disclaimer: All the meats served at these restaurants listed above are halal but please do double check as suppliers may change since this post was written.